Reservations & Waitlist
- Although walk-ins are welcome, we highly recommended reserving a class online to guarantee a spot in class. Classes do fill up quickly.
- If a class that you would like to reserve is full, signup for the waitlist. Some spots usually become available due to peoples’ unpredictable schedule changes. You will be emailed as soon as a spot in class opens up. Please reply as soon as you can to confirm or decline the spot. Please also cancel yourself off of waitlists, if your own schedule would no longer allow you to take the class should it become available.
- Reservations will be honored only up to the start of class. If you do not arrive prior to the start of class, your reservation will be given away to anyone on the waitlist.
Cancellations & No-Shows
- Classes may be cancelled online up to one hour before class start time.
- If you are a class package holder and do not cancel your reservation at least one hour before class time, YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR THE CLASS (in other words, you lose the class).
- To cancel online, please: 1) login to your account and select the “my info” tab, 2) then select the “my schedule” tab and 3) simply click “cancel” next to the class you wish to cancel.
Late Arrival to Class
- New clients must arrive 10 to 15 minutes prior to class start time to be welcomed by our client care team and complete the class registration process. New clients will not be permitted into class after it has started.
- Returning clients may enter class up to 10 minutes after class has started.
- Please wear exercise pants that fall below the knees.
- All clients must wear socks that cover the entire foot.
- Only clear covered liquids are allowed in class.
- No chewing gum permitted in class.
- For the courtesy of others, cell phones will not be allowed in the exercise studios during class. No exceptions.
- New and continuing pregnant clients must provide a doctor’s note that allows permission to take strengthening and stretching classes.
- New pregnant clients who are also new to the Bar Method must have previously done the Bar Method Pregnancy DVD (for sale at our studio) at least five times before taking their first class.
- No clients are admitted under 13 years of age.
- Clients under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Illness & Injuries
- Please notify front desk staff and instructors of any illness or injury that may impact your ability to exercise. In some cases, a doctor’s note may be required to allow you to take class.
- Just a cold? Please stay home, rest, and avoid spreading the virus to others.
Location, Parking & Facilities
The Bar Method North Potomac is conveniently located in the Kentlands neighborhood in Gaithersburg, MD, about three miles off of I-270.
- From the North: Take exit 11/MD-124W/Quince Orchard Rd, merge onto Quince Orchard Rd and in 2.2 miles turn left onto MD-119/Great Seneca Hwy, in 0.5 miles turn right on Kentlands Blvd. The studio is 0.2 miles on the right.
- From the South: Take exit 9B/I-370/Sam Eig Highway, merge onto Sam Eig Highway and in 0.7 miles turn slight right onto MD-119/Great Seneca Hwy, in 1.6 miles turn left onto Kentlands Blvd. The studio is 0.2 miles on the right.
We are on the second floor of Long & Foster building across from the Elizabeth Arden Red Door Salon and Spa and catty corner to Whole Foods Market. There are entrances on two sides of the building (“buzz in” required for early morning classes).
Parking: Free parking is available in the Long & Foster lot on the backside of the building, as well as plenty of extra parking in the adjacent parking lots.
Facility: We offer secure and private locker room facilities with bathrooms and dressing table with blow dryers. We also have apparel, socks, workout accessories and water bottles available for purchase.